Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

(First of all, I just want to say "THANK YOU JESUS THAT THESE PICTURES FINALLY UPLOADED!!" I have been praying they would cuz the internet has been so slow and I have been trying to upload these for literally 10 days!)

Christmas Eve Candle light service
Sometimes also known as "Catch the Fire" :-)

The girls with their candles all lit. 
It's a bit blurry, but I like how you can see all the candles and all the people.
After all the dramas and dances that the kids performed were finished,
they each received a candle, and then someone at the end of the row would light
it and they passed the flame down as each child lit his or her candle.
Then we sang a few songs to the Lord.
It was beautiful while it lasted, before they started trying to put out each others candles...
Beautiful Alçione with her candle lit!
The toddlers nativity play!!
They are so cute, and every year this play gets better! They did a great job!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Boy Anna, you all are braver than I would be. I hate candle light services because I'm deathly afraid something's going to catch on fire--namely my hair! But I am glad it apparently went smoothly for you and there was not more flames than originally planned on. Oh, those toddlers are adorable! Thanks for the update.
Love,
Megan