Saturday, January 10, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009

(First of all, I just want to say "THANK YOU JESUS THAT THESE PICTURES FINALLY UPLOADED!!" I have been praying they would cuz the internet has been so slow and I have been trying to upload these for literally 10 days!)

Christmas Eve Candle light service
Sometimes also known as "Catch the Fire" :-)

The girls with their candles all lit. 
It's a bit blurry, but I like how you can see all the candles and all the people.
After all the dramas and dances that the kids performed were finished,
they each received a candle, and then someone at the end of the row would light
it and they passed the flame down as each child lit his or her candle.
Then we sang a few songs to the Lord.
It was beautiful while it lasted, before they started trying to put out each others candles...
Beautiful Al├žione with her candle lit!
The toddlers nativity play!!
They are so cute, and every year this play gets better! They did a great job!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Boy Anna, you all are braver than I would be. I hate candle light services because I'm deathly afraid something's going to catch on fire--namely my hair! But I am glad it apparently went smoothly for you and there was not more flames than originally planned on. Oh, those toddlers are adorable! Thanks for the update.
Love,
Megan