Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Little Baby Dear!





















Baby Elliana arrived 9 days ago! She is now 3 weeks old, and doing so well. She was abandoned at the hospital by her mother. A big answer to our prayers that the hospital would start calling us when they have desperate cases, they did! And brought us this beautiful baby girl! We named her Elliana which means "The Lord Responds". 

She is such a gift:-) She weighed 5 pounds on arrival to our center. She is small, but very healthy. We missionaries have been taking turns having her each night. Tonight I get to have her again. She needs fed every 3 hours. It's such a joy taking care of newborns! Very tiring, I am not sure how a mother does it EVERY night. But I love it:-)

Isn't she so beautiful?!
(excuse the yellow medicine she spit up all over the front of her outfit)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw, she's precious!

We're praying for little Tino. Thanks for the updates.

Bonnie said...

Oh good a face to go with the little baby noises!
She's cute Anna!
Bon

Mrs. U said...

HOW PRECIOUS!!!! I would LOVE to find out the Mozambique is open for adoption!! I have a friend working there, too, and she talks about all the orphans. SOOO sad!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Mrs. U said...

Oh my!!! I just read your profile and I am sure that you know my friend that is in Mozambique!! Her name is Angela Olson and she's originally from West Virginia. She is sweet, beautiful and smart and a dear friend that I would LOVE to be able to sit down and chat with again face to face. Oh, and she's also with Iris Ministries. :)

Small world!!!

His,
Mrs. U
(but Angela knows me as Shari)