Thursday, October 30, 2008

Apples, Apples, Apples!

First of all, these pictures are in the backward order. 
Secondly, I am recapping my time with my family! Pictures of Mozambique will come...
But when you only spend 10 weeks with your family after being gone for a whole year...well, there is allot of catching up to do and fun to be had! So, I am posting some pictures so I can go back and remember the good times:-)










Okay, so after making a TON of apple sauce, you get a little slap happy! These are the kitchen slaves hard at work...
(Joel, Bobo --aka Christina, and Andrea)












Cooking down apples for apple saucing and apple buttering...


Some pretty apples at the apple orchard. Crispy and delicious. Nothing like biting into a fresh picked apple, and the sweet juice running down your elbows. 










The farm hands coming back from the orchards.
(Oh, wait. That's my family.)

That's me picking apples. I am so blessed to have been home for Fall! Autumn is by far my favorite season! I love the beautiful colors as the trees turn. I love apples, and apple cider, and candy corn, and apple pies, and scented candles, and a warm bed, and cozy pj's. I love bon fires and raking leaves and all the smells of Fall in the air.
It was such a gift from God to be home for this season!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

on the top picture we were posing like they do in magazines

Anonymous said...

sorry I forgot to write my name it's andrea

Josiah and Anna said...

Hi Andrea, thank you for the explanation. It is a very funny picture, lol.

Mana Laura said...

Hi Anna! I love this photo of you! I have been meaning to tell you your hair is a very flattering length! I love the fall too, my favorite season and I'm always so happy to go home during it. I'm getting caught up on your blog today while I eat my soup for dinner! You're an inspiration!