Friday, August 01, 2008

God's so awesome!!

Priscilla from Brazil performing a dance with the little girls.

The Lovely Tias! Tia Safira, Tia Sidalia, Tia Inez, and Tia Sonia
One of our two teams of dorm mothers, who daily pour into the lives of each girl, mothering them and loving them.

The Lord their God will save them on that day
as the flock of His people.
They will sparkle in His land like jewels in a crown.
How attractive and beautiful they will be!
Zechariah 9:16-17a

I had discipleship with the older girls today. Only four of them came. We discussed the benefits of being Christians, how are we different to the world. What is our gain. What do each of the girls desire to see God do in their life time. We talked about how life is short in comparison with eternity, and this is preparation for Heaven--God is even storing up treasures in Heaven for us! 

The girls opened their mouths and spilled out their hearts. It was lovely. We read a few scriptures together, then I suggested we pray for each other. If they had anything specific they wanted prayer for, we would pray for those things too. Well, as we laid hands on each girl, the girls prayed for one another and some cried a little. The Lord is really capturing their hearts for Him. I know these girls are going to be the women that bring transformation to the lives of many people, they will be the ones to be leaders with a voice, they will be the ones who bring the captives to Jesus, and bring freedom to the lost. They are willing for God to work through them, and I can't wait to see what He does! 



As of right now, it will be 4 days and 15 hours till I leave to go be with my family
for 10 weeks!! I am getting so excited. I started packing today, and putting things away to 
make room for Rachel, who will be moving in while I am away.
Yay! Brimfield, here I come!
I can't wait to see you mom and dad, Bonnie and Braden and Audrey and Brady, Greg and Bethany, Daniel and Julie (looking forward to meeting you too!:-)), Seth, Cara, Bobo, Joel, Andrea, and Sammy bean! I love you all so much, and have really missed you. I am so looking forward to being with you again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about your return to!
Joel

Josiah and Anna said...

Good! We can play scrabble and dominos and go for walks and get ice cream from Franks!! It'll be so fun!:-) I love you little brother!!