Saturday, August 18, 2007

The joys of home...

A walk at Quail Hollow State Park with Mom and my three youngest siblings. We had a picnic lunch, then walked through the herb garden, and took a hike on one of the trails. I love hiking in the woods!



I meant to post these while I was at home, but was having trouble with Blogger.
So here is a taste of what I enjoyed doing at home for 10 weeks:



Our Garden was so full of zucchini!
How easy to grate zucchini with the Kitchen-Aid attachment!
22 cups of zucchini in the freezer. Mom will make allot of zucchini. bread this Winter:-)
We ate so much zucchini this Summer:

Zucchini Crisp (aka Mock Apple Crisp)

Zucchini bread

Fresh cut up zucchini with veggie dip

Fried zucchini

Crispy Parmesan zucchini sticks baked in the oven

Baked zitti

And so much more...
I love being with my dear family. I treasure every moment I was with them the past 2 1/2 months.
It is amazing how God's grace is sufficient for me. When I desperately long to be with my family God gives
me the peace and comfort to live in another country far from the pleasures of being at home. He has given me a home where I am and a heart to make wherever I am beautiful and lovely and welcoming. I pray I can
somehow make others feel at home here too!
Blessings, and have a wonderful Sunday with the Lord!



No comments: