Friday, March 27, 2009

The closing of a chapter...

Mozambique, Africa

One way to transport a tire...


A sweet little girl outside her home.


The way to carry things around here.

Visiting Olga, who was reintegrated to her home, with her older brother Celino.


A Mozambican lady setting out her produce to begin selling for the day.

About a year ago God put it on my heart to start praying for the person to come after me in the girl's dorm. At first I thouhgt, "I am not planning on going away any time soon!" But I did pray off and on for her, that God would be preparing the right person for the right time.
Then when I was preparing to go home last August, the Lord spoke to me that my time here was coming to an end. I went home and shared this with my parents, and prayed allot. When I returned in October, I spoke with my leaders here, and they prayed with me, and released me to keep following God's plan for my life. We prayed for God to bring someone to fill my responsibilities here, in the girl's dorm. What God called me here to accomplish in and through me has been completed, and I have built on the foundation others had laid. In February Heather arrived, and it was clear she was the one God had prepared for such a time as this! She is from England, and is exactly 2 weeks younger than me! She really loves the girls, and God has really blessed us with plenty of time to transition, and get to become friends before I go.

I will be leaving here on April 29th, and closing this amazing chapter God has written in my life. I will be sad to say good bye to my dear friends (both Mozambican, and missionaries). And it won't be easy saying good bye to the precious daughters God temporarily placed in my care. These past 3 years have been a time of growth, and seeing God do so many miracles. He has protected me, comforted me, changed me. He has shown me how big and wide and deep His love really is. He has given me compassion for those who have no hope, and taught me to hope for them, and teach them to hope. I have gotten to be a carrier of His love and life to countless babies, children, and adults! It is a privilege I do not deserve, but have been given and am so grateful for.

I want to also testify that I have such peace, and God has given me such grace as He takes me from this place, to a place yet unknown. He is amazing, and I am seeing it more and more every day!

The next step...
will be going home for a time. At first I really struggled with just going home, and not knowing where or when I will be sent back out to the "foreign mission field". But as I submitted to God's word of "Wait", I felt such peace, and I see that He is giving me an incredible gift of getting to spend time with my dear family for awhile! I will get to see me niece who I've not met yet, and spend time with people I haven't had much time with in the last 3 years. I will be home at least until the end of the year (and I am so excited to be home for Christmas this year!!). In September I plan to do a 2 week medical course called "Missionary Medical Intensive", which will be very useful for a future in third world countries. And in the mean time, I am going to soak up this time with my family, share God's amazing love with those in Ohio, and wait on God for my next marching orders!

"My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek...
I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the Lord. Be strong, take heart, and wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:8, 13-14


1 comment:

New Mom said...

I'll bet your family can't wait to have you back!
Be sure to keep blogging to let us know how the transition goes. Who knows, maybe God is bringing you back to the US so you can meet that special someone.... ;p